Black Country Triathletes
Black Country Triathletes
- Olympic Inspiration with #IAmTeamGB - Have you been supporting the GB athletes out in Rio at the Olympics? Have you been inspired by the many success stories and fancy taking part in the nation’s biggest spots day?
- Swim Caps - Club members - I will be taking possession of new BCT swim caps this week .... Yellow with black writing... Andy and Mark have agreed to subsidise the price in order to help advertise the club
- Outlaw Triathlon, Nottingham - Race Report (more of a race “gush”) - 24th July 2016 a day of firsts for a novice long distance would be triathlete
- Ironman Bolton Race Report - On Sunday 17th I took part in my first Ironman race and finished in 11:24:40. Friday night there had been lots of rain so Pennington Flash on Saturday for T1 set-up was a mud bath with what looked like ankle deep mud in places for the run from the lake to the transition tent! Saturday stayed dry though and the forecast looked good for Sunday.
- 2016 Copenhagen ETU Powerman Long Distance Duathlon European Championships – Race Report - This is my 1st Powerman duathlon for some time, the others being Longleat 1994, Guernsey 97 and 98 and Venray, Holland in1999, these were all mass starts, no age/group races.my race tactics over the years in duathlon have not changed, although it’s got me into trouble a few times. plan A, hammer it from the start, plan B, try and hang on in there when plan A goes tits up! Copenhagen is a small for a capital city, but one of the nicest to visit.
- Ironman Nice Race Report - It was a flying visit to Nice arriving Friday night for Ironman France. The preparation sessions on the Saturday were worthwhile, the goggles were leaking in the sea and I had a small mechanical on the bike, better the day before than on race day. Anyway you feel better if you stick to the preparation plan so I slept easy that night!
- Outlaw Half Race Report - Perfect conditions were a welcome sign as 8 of BCT’s ranks lined up for the start of the 2016 Outlaw Half.
On Sunday 17th I took part in my first Ironman race and finished in 11:24:40. Friday night there had been lots of rain so Pennington Flash on Saturday for T1 set-up was a mud bath with what looked like ankle deep mud in places for the run from the lake to the transition tent! Saturday stayed dry though and the forecast looked good for Sunday.
Why Join Us?
If you can swim, bike and run a little we are the club for you, whether you do two training sessions a week or two sessions a day, from racing GB age group events to just completing the Wombourne sprints we have triathletes of all abilities and ages.
- Use our BCT level 2 BCT Coaches as mentors for training, equipment, races and technique advise.
- Reduced price swimming coached sessions with video analysis
- Access training programmes from Sprint to Ironman distance.
- Access to informal run and cycle sessions
- Regular coached running and cycling technique sessions.
Never miss an update
Follow the league to get the latest news and results straight to your email