What is changing?
- Swimming will be for members only.
- The format will change depending on numbers, fitness levels and British Triathlon/ Wombourne Leisure Centre rules.
- Current Session Formats
- Adult and Youth 15+ (90 minutes) 20:00-21:30 Wed and 15:30-17:00 Sat
- First Swim Saturday (younger juniors) 15.30-16.10
- Second Swim Saturday (older juniors) 16.20-17.00
- Sessions will be geared around endurance swimming, minimising the time resting at one end of the pool.
- The leisure centre main areas will not be available to us. We will enter and exit through the back door, so you will need to arrive in your swimming kit (under a tracksuit or other clothing that you can remove in the seating area of the pool), and then you leave in the same clothing. The toilet facilities will be unavailable.
- Swimming places will need to be booked online in advance after completing the required online forms.
- No spectators.
What new procedures do I need to follow?
- Do not attend club sessions if you feel unwell or anyone in your household is unwell.
- Arrive 10 mins before swimming and socially distance by the swimming pool back door. Do not go to the Leisure Centre Reception. The pool back door is the door we exit the pool during our races, it is near the skips, 100 metres past reception towards the bottom car park.
- Parents/spectators will not be allowed in the centre. There will be a sign-in/out for each child.
- Wear a face mask up until you put your bag in your bag drop.
- There are no changing facilities. Arrive wearing your swimming kit under a tracksuit or similar.
- Have your own paddles and pull buoy. None will be available at the centre to borrow.
- Bring unique drink bottles, add a label with your name if it is a generic BCT one for example.
- During the session, maintain a 2-metre distance at the end of each swim set.
- Once the session is complete, please leave the pool promptly. Do not remove the swimming costume poolside after your swim.
- No undressing is allowed on the balcony area. You can put over your costume a tracksuit or similar. Consider a dry robe or towelling poncho to travel home.
How can you book onto the sessions?
Note we will be releasing sessions only a few days before they open in case our format changes as the rules change.
We will not be providing refunds / booking referrals/changes if you cannot make your swim allocation.
Before you book onto any swim session you must complete 2 forms a Health Screening Form and a Risk Awareness Declaration - these need to be completed for 2021.
(note junior forms are the same as swimming/cycling so as long as you have completed in 2021)
For bookings, we are using a British Triathlon (BTF) system - Club Spark. There are two ways to get into Club Spark
1/ If you are already a BTF member then sign in with your British Triathlon number beginning E and password. Don't create a new account.
2/ If you are not a BTF member then register using REGISTER (in the header). Note you don't need to sign up for a British Triathlon membership - you just registering so you can book swim sessions. There is no cost to register
Junior parents should register their child with their own account - don't use your child's BTF login (if they have one)
The options above are highlighted in this PDF
The Most Problems Using the Club Spark Booking System
1/ I have a BTF membership login but it is not letting me sign in.
- you are likely using the wrong sign-in page. Click on the blue button "British Triathlon" to sign in with a BTF membership account
2/ I can't register my child it is saying they are not old enough
- use your own BTF login / create your own account with your own DOB. When you book in you then add your child/children.
Wednesday 09/06/21 - 8 pm
689 Views - Last updated: 12/06/21